Hands down this is my favourite salad ever! It’s the kind of food that I feel instantly does me good from the inside out and makes me glow.
Prepare this is on a warm sunny day and enjoy it outside in the sunshine and you will feel like you are on holiday. Happiness guaranteed!
- two ripe salad tomatoes
- a quarter of a cucumber (roughly)
- half a nectarine
- half a ripe avocado
- one tablespoon pine nuts
- around 20g vegan greek style cheese (optional/I used violife greek style)
- one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- one tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- a small bunch of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fork, score the sides of the cucumber and then slice. Then slice the tomatoes, nectarine and avocado and arrange these fresh ingredients on a large plate. (By scoring the cucumber, it allows the dressing and juices from the salad to absorb and cling to the cucumber.)
- Toast the pine nuts gently by adding them to a warm non-stick pan until they are golden brown. This usually takes only a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the salad.
- Tear up the vegan cheese (if using) and basil leaves and sprinkle them over the salad. Next, drizzle over the olive oil and cider vinegar. Season with a little salt and black pepper, and enjoy!
I served this salad with a super simple and easy to make flatbread, which will be the next recipe I post!
Grab a nice chilled drink, sit in the sunshine and enjoy!